I am supposed to write 10 things that make me happy so here goes:
1. Stephanie
It goes without saying that your kid would make you happy. She makes me deliriously happy. She is sooo funny and the sweetest kid I know. She has a heart of gold and wants to make sure that everyone around her is happy. She loves to give hugs and kisses and wants nothing more than for Mommy or Daddy to hold her in the evenings...nothing with melt your heart more.
2.Bradley
My husband is my number one fan, and that makes me his number one fan. He stands beside me no matter what it is I am going through. He is a great father and a great husband. He loves Stephanie so much and it shows in the way that he is around her. He has changed so much in the last 6 years and none of it is for the worse. He is a dedicated volunteer fireman and EMT and that makes me so proud. He is dedicated even when he gets nothing in return. I could go on and on, but just know that me makes me happy.
3. Baby # 2
Most people don't even know about baby #2 yet, but s/he makes me so happy. I get giddy when I think about having a newborn again. (besides the sleepless nights and crying of course j/k) I cannot wait until we find out if this baby is a girl or a boy. Stephanie will make the best big sister and I cannot wait to see her with this baby.
4. My Family
I am so blessed to have a great family. Even though we live 4 hours away from my family, I know that they are always there for me no matter what. Bradleys parents are amazing. They are always there to help us and be there for us when we need then. Like this weekend, they are driving in from New Orleans on Saturday just so they can babysit Steph while me and Bradley work....is that amazing or what?!?!
5. My job
I know it sounds crazy, but I love my job. I am a preschool teacher and it suits me to a tee. Don't get me wrong, there are days the kids make me wanna pull my hair out, but it is soooo rewarding to know that I am having an impact on these kids lives that goes beyond ABC and 123. There is nothing greater than a child you know has a hard home life come to you and say that they love you and they love coming to school to see you! I am also blessed that I get to be with Stephanie all day. She is in a class right down the hall so I can check on her anytime I want. Plus she goes for free, so that makes me really happy :)
6. My town
As much as I dreaded moving to a town where the population was about the same as me freshman class, it has really turned out to be the best choice I have ever made. I know that we are safe here and Stephanie will grow up in a town where everyone is looking out for her. The town is quiet and that makes me happy. Growing up in the city I never knew how much nicer it is to sleep in the quiet. This place really makes me happy to have a family here!
7. My friends
I try to limit my friends to the really great ones. Amber had quickly become one of my favorite people. We met through AmericanBaby.com when we were both pregnant with our daughters. She moved to the Austin area a few months before Addy was born. We met when the girls were 6 months old and have been great friends ever since. She gets me and lets me talk about crazy stuff for hours. The greatest thing is that our husbands are friends too. It really makes a difference if both spouses get along...and we all have become great friends!
8. Sour Candy
Morning sickness sucks!!! The only thing that makes be feel a little less nauseus is sour candy. I am already eating sour skittles and lemon heads like they are going outta style LOL. I am also drinking lemonade like crazy. Strange that such a little thing could make me so happy...but when ya feel like tossing your cookies for 2 weeks with no end in sight, you will do whatever it takes to feel better!
9. October
I know, my birthday is in October, but it makes me happy for other reasons too. I love fall and all things that go with fall. I love fall festivities, the smell of fall, the crisp air, the warm clothes (although in Texas we don't really take them out until November LOL). I am really happy this year cause we are taking a family vacation. We are gonna go to Houston and take Stephanie to the zoo and just hang out as a family. I cannot wait.
10. My Computer
Ok so I had to have a trivial happiness on here. Without my computer I couldn't have met some of the greatest women I know (Kat included :) ) I am part of am online message board and have learned so much from them. My Jan. 07 mommies are some of the strongest, smartest, funniest women, and I have never even seen most of them. I met one of my best friends through my computer. I don't really know how I made it before computers were around....and I don't ever wanna find out LOL.
OK so now that I am done, I am supposed to tag 3 people to do the same....but since I don't believe that anyone actually looks at this thing I am gonna say have at it. If you have read this and have a blog...get to blogging!



2 comments:
You should blog more :) It is fun to catch up and keep in touch! I love seeing pics of Stephanie, too! She is ADORABLE! Thanks for playing along :) It didnt hurt too much, did it? haha
I read too. . .well, I check at least and am typically disappointed by your lack of blogging :)
Way to go!!! :) Keep it up :)
Post a Comment